Class description: Those ‘cool’ looking inversions and arm balances that you spot people popping out in the studio and social media they don’t just magically happen one day. Flailing and throwing yourself around won’t necessarily get the result you want; unless what you want 1 second video of you upside down and a little bit of sweaty cardio.
Through this workshop you will:
- Learn the journey you may need to take and building blocks you may require as you work towards various arm balances and inversions.
- Develop understanding in how flexibility, strength and technique have equal importance
- Build a toolkit of drills that will assist progress in this direction of travel.
- Practice and explore chaturanga, bakasana, koundinyasana b, forearm balance,
handstand and maybe more
- Discover that executing ‘easy’ asanas with integrity, can significantly improve you ability
to explore more challenging poses.
- Learn the common errors taken in these poses, some of which are potentially injurious.
This workshop it suitable for anyone with a regular practice, though it will be a strong practice!
Date: Saturday 11th December 2021
Class location: The Barn, Denbies Wine Estate, Bradley Lane, Dorking, Surrey, RH5 6AA.
Adam Husler: Adam brings a unique perspective to those who seek more from yoga than making pretty shapes. He offers creative, effective and clearly-sequenced teachings that focus on balancing flexibility and strength; physically and mentally. Adam specialises in a signature style of Alignment- Based Vinyasa— fuelled by a fascination with anatomy and a desire to ask ‘why?’ Adam has taught thousands of hours of yoga in more that 60 studios around the world, including London’s leading studios, and in 20+ countries, featuring in publications like Mens Health and Women’s Fitness, also teaching in venues including The London Eye and The Design Museum.
- We have mats and props available for you to use in “The Studio”. You’re very welcome to bring your own mat and props with you if you prefer.
- Please bring a water bottle and towel with you to class.
- Please arrive in your exercise wear ready for the class.
- Whilst no longer mandatory, we still have hand sanitiser available for your use.
- Whilst masks are no longer required you are more than welcome to wear one as you enter and leave “The Studio”.
- Shoes are not permitted to be worn in “The Studio”.
- If taking your phone into 'The Studio', please have this set to silent.